Dogs on the beach guidelines
The Beaches of Bognor Regis are dog friendly beaches, however here are some guidelines to help you and your dog enjoy the most out of walking and playing on the beaches of Bognor Regis. Dogs are allowed on most beaches in the Bognor Regis area provided they are kept under control and under the follwing conditions.
Dog restrictions during summer months
Due to the popularity of the beaches in Bognor Regis with tourists and residents enjoying the summer months, Arun District Council have adopted byelaws which ban dogs from the following stretches of beach from 1st May to 30th September each year. These are shown on the maps below for the areas of Bognor Regis and Felpham.
Map of dog restricted areas Bognor Regis Beach
Dogs Are Not allowed on the Beach from Park Road to Gloucester Road during the summer months 1st May to 30th September.
Map of dog restricted areas Felpham Beach
Dogs Are Not allowed on the the Beach from Canning Road to Felpham Sailing Club during the summer months 1st May to 30th September.
Please follow these dog owners code of practice for the beaches at Bognor Regis
- Dogs must be kept on leads on promenades adjacent to these specified beach areas above.
- Please observe the byelaws and when walking your dog, look out for signs showing where dogs are not allowed or must be kept on a lead.
- Contravention of the Byelaw is an offence and you could be liable to a fine of £500.
- Do not allow your dog to foul a beach or any adjacent area. If your dog does go ALWAYS remove the faeces otherwise you could face a £1000 fine.
- When your dog is off its lead always ensure it is under control. Respect the rights of others - some of whom may not like dogs. When beaches are crowded it is particularly important you keep your dog on a lead.