St Thomas A’Beckett Church, Pagham

  • St Thomas A’Beckett Church, Pagham
    St Thomas A’Beckett Church, Pagham

The first church on this site was built by the Saxons 1300 years ago in the 7th century AD on land given by Caedwalla, King of Wessex, to St. Wilfrid in gratitude for him helping to save the people of the area from starvation.
Later, when he returned north, St. Wilfrid gave Pagham to the Archbishop of Canterbury, who remains as Patron of the parish to this day.

Location

Church Lane Pagham
PO21 4NU Bognor Regis ,
Attraction Category: 
Churches & Chapels
Telephone: 
01243 262713

Back to top